Re: Bricklin insurance

To: Jason p Mcclure <jasonbrick@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Bricklin insurance
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:26:34 -0400
At 08:53 PM 4/10/03 -0700, Jason p Mcclure wrote:
>My dad is buying a Bricklin in Ohio tomorrow, and has checked with State
>Farm and will pay aprox. $75 a month for full coverage. With no
>restriction on mileage.

Yes Jason, but that's $900/yr - expensive to me - but it also depends on where
he lives.  Be sure he checks to see if that's an "actual cash value",
"stated value", or "stated amount" policy.  Each carries different coverage.
Unless you ask a lot of questions, and really push, the ins. cos. don't say
much - but they'll say it's an "actual cash value" policy.

The actual cash value policy sounds good, until you pressure them for what
they'll pay in case of a loss.  This is where lawyers and ins. co. have
laymen over a barrel.  If I pay you $10,000 for a car, and drive out of
your drive way, and it get s totaled, my "actual cash value" in the car is
$10,000.  But not to the ins. co.  They actual cash value is the "blue book"
value which can be anything from $200 up.

For those that haven't read the article on our web page or haven't read it
in a long time, please go and re-read it:
www.bricklin.org/TechCentral/TCCar_Insurance.htm

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V