Re: Air door conversion

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air door conversion
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:24:46 -0400
At 06:24 PM 7/3/03 -0700, Tim Nickason wrote:

>Anyone out there who might be able to tell me how to go about changing from
>hydraulic to air door system.I would be most grateful.

Tim,

To convert to air, first you call Terry Tanner (Bricklins Parts of VA) and
order the air door conversion kit.   This will run you about $1000.  Then
you install the compressor, remove the hydrolic pump and electrical panel
from the well behind the drivers seat, and replace it with the air dist.
panel you got with the kit.  Drain the oil out of the lift rams - you
reuse them.  Weld the air accumulator to the rear bumper, plumb the
air hoses, and install the assist ram to the front of the doors.

Simple!

>Also would like to know if anyone has ever changed their exterior door
>switches over to a remote system(no exterior switches for vandals to mess
>with).

Yes, there are several owners that have done it.  There are 3 different
systems that the various owners have used.  Been trying to get one of them
to write an article about it, but so far I haven't had any luck.  I plan
on doing it to my car when I finish restoring it.

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V