RE: Carb

To: gary@dellazanna.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carb
From: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:07:48 +0000
Gary, I still expect that tuning is the answer, not replacement.  Fords and
Chevy's both have pistons going up and down and drawing the air/fuel mix in
- there should not be any significant differences between the two, provided
the carb physicaly fits the intake manifold.

I'm no expert on tuning Edelbrock carbs, but they do have good tech support.
  If you call 'em, I'm sure they can help you troubleshoot that carb and get
it dialed in.  Similarly, this link may help:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/1071/

I really suggest sticking with this carb - any carb setup will need some
tuning to work really right, so switching to something else will probably
not get you off the hook for this tuning stuff. :)

Let us know how you make out,
--
Phil Martin
"How does it feel to want?"