Re: Carb

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:56:00 -0400
Why tell the man he needs a new carb? All he needs is the ford kickdown
extension and bracket kit from edelbrock. These 2 pieces are much cheaper
than a carb. The edelbrock is more user friendly than the holley once you
understand it. it doesn't have power valve issues like the holley nor the
fuel bowl seepage.
Rick

> Replacement for your carb is easy.. get a Holly 600 4bbl carb.. it works
> great for the 351W engine with the 4bbl intake on it.
>
> in response about the tuning.. Gary's car was down at our shop recently
where
> we discovered what the problem is.  The carb that is on it is not the
right
> one for the type of kickdown that the Bricklin has.  So what is happening
is
> the kickdown rod is hitting against the carb and causing it to stick..
thus