RE: History Television documentary...

To: "'Phil Martin'" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: History Television documentary...
From: "Cormier Paul (FPMad)" <paulco@madawaska.fraserpapers.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:23:29 -0400
> Well, I thought it was pretty good.  They presented a pretty
> balanced view,
> I thought, but there should have been more footage of B's at
> wide-open throttle. :)

I would like to see a Part-2 which focuses on the car's performance, and
where most of them have went, and about the prototypes, etc...  :)  But
overall I really enjoyed the show, just wasn't long enough...  :)

> Also, I was surprised that there was not one mention of the
> passive safety
> aspects of the SV-1.  They called it an engineering failure a
> few times, but
> the strength and passenger protection of the frame is a
> colossal success,

Totally agree.  The crash test they showed made it look like a car that
would kill you in a collision!

> Despite the labor probs they had, though, Tanner should think
> a bit harder
> before opening his mouth about Canadian vs. American work
> ethic.  I get the
> impression that he likes being a bit contentious or whatever,
> but that was
> just really, really ignorant. :P

I was also disturbed by those comments, which probably made him look bad
more than anything else.   But then at the end of the episode, they said it
took him 30 yrs to perfect the Bricklin... so how did he expect the workers
to do much better??  :P

..Paul