Re: thanks for response

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thanks for response
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:14:36 -0500
At 04:05 AM 3/19/2005 -0500, Robert Zee wrote:

>Yep I've tried cleaning it already last year, it lasted until now. I'll try
>cleaning it again but it seems that it still sticking a bit. You know I'll
>try again, if not it's time for a new one.

Bob,

Have you checked the ground for the solenoid?  It gets its ground from
bolting to the metal tab on the door frame.  Is the nut & bolt tight?
Is the metal clean under there.  You might also want to try runing a
wire from one of the bolts on the door side of the hinge to a bolt on
the roof side of the hinge.  The ground is via the hinge.  The problem
there is the hing pin.  If it gets dirty, or  if the hinges have been
oiled or anything like that lately, then the lub can act as an insulator
and reduce the ground and there by reduce the effectiveness of the
solenoid.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

If you are reading it in English - Thank a soldier!!