Re: Air door compressor

To: Seth <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: Air door compressor
From: John Martin <jwmartin37@tstonramp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:32:32 -0700
Seth wrote:

>Thanks for all the replies. I tore my hadley down and inspected it. The
>diaphram is intact and all the o-rings are good. Put it back together and
>still got nothing. not even a wisp of air out of it, though the pump does
>move. I think I'm going to break down an move into the 21st century. The
>vacuum compressor is neat and quiet, but with rebuild parts scarce (thanks
>to those who offered yours up) and no replacements available, I'd just be left
>doing the conversion sometime in the future when the vacuum died again. Not
>to mention I can get a much higher flow rate from today's electric pumps.
>
>Can anyone tell me what make and model air compressor they have on their cars?
>I'm leaning towards a Viair, maybe a 275, 280, or 325.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Seth
>
>Seth,

The Viair 280C is the one I have been using and selling for several
years. It is quite adaquate, without over kill.  I have never had one
fail!  I am a dealer.  I sell it complete with special Bricklin mounting
bracket for $ 235 plus freight.  You can check out my parts and prices
at californiabricklinowners.org      Just click on "links"   and JBW
(John's Bricklin Works) parts/price list(s)

You are making the absolute correct decision to junk the vacuum unit.

Good luck

John Martin
John's Bricklin Works
661-944-4801