Re: Power Steering system

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Steering system
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 17:25:39 -0400
At 08:46 PM 5/8/2005 -0500, Kevin Rodgers wrote:

>I'm looking for some insight on the power steering on a 75 Bricklin.
>
>I'm looking at replacing the hoses while I have the AC compressor out
>and have easier access.

Kevin,

Was you car together?  How did you get the A/C compressor off?  You might
want to write an article up on that.  When I did mine, the car was in
pieces so it wasn't a problem.  But now it looks like a real pain in the
A$$ to do.  These are the kinds of how to articles we need for the
magazine.

>I believe the hose from the bottom of the reservoir to the pump is part
># GM (truck) part # 14040767.  If that is correct, I'm surprised at what
>the local GM dealer wants for that hose.  CAN$59.60.  Does that seem
>right to you?  Do you know if this is the correct part or not?  The WEB
>site lists the pressure hose as Gates 35266.  There is no mention about
>the third hose, the one from the power steering back to the reservoir.
>What is the correct type of hose for this third one?

Kevin

I paid about $12 US for the hose for my car.  That was about 6 yrs ago.
Rick (HTC) may be able to chime in here and give you some more info. on
the prices in Canada.

I think, I didn't go out to my car and look at the hoses, but isn't the
3rd hose, is just plain hose - something like fuel hose, or does it have
fittings on both end?.

I show that I only purchased 1 hose for my car, the pressure hose.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229