Re: help

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:05:04 -0400
It all depends on your budget If the budget is small then you are probably
looking at a cam, intake and carb. The intake stay with an edelbrock
performer or rpm. for a carb I prefer the edlebrock 650 but some prefer
Holley. If the budget is large them a 427 stroker with about 680 Hp is the
most bang for the buck, mind you it is a pretty big buck. If you already
have an intake and 4 bbl carb then you might look at a set of heads , the
rousch 200 heads are decent and relatively low cost. the factory gt 40 and
gt40 P heads are even cheaper but flow only marginally better than what's
already there. When choosing a cam make sure you get one that has some low
end power, The FMX trans does not have a readily available high stall Torque
converter so if you cam it too big it will not be fun to drive.
Rick R