Re: Door skin

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door skin
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 7:18:48 -0400
> From: "George T. Geissinger" <ustow@ptd.net>
>
> I finally got to removing the right side door skin for replacement. Is the
> replacement skin to be attached anywhere else than the edge? There is signs of
> adhesive in the center section but none of it touched the skin.

George,

In addition to the perimeter of the door skin, it is glued
to the cat wisker bar.  However, originally this bar was
attached to the window channel.  This caused the door skin
to buckle in, and stressed the glue join, and caused it to
pop off.  What Terry recommends now, is to cut the
horizontal cat wisker bar off the frame.  Then glue this bar
directly to the door skin.  Then glue the skin to the
door frame.  I' don't remember now, but I think it also
gets glued at the window opening.  You'll have to look at
that.