Re: duraspark module

To: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Subject: Re: duraspark module
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:17:34 -0400
At 01:40 PM 9/28/2005 -0400, High Tech Coatings wrote:
>OK which one is proper, I always thought the grommet was supposed to be
>black, I just checked my 3 ford powered cars and one (early 75) is black,
>one ( late 75) is yellow and one  (76) is blue. I know bricks were a bit
>inconsistent but this is not correct I'm sure. I used to have an email
>detailing the differences but a hard drive failure stole it from me. If any
>one has a definitive answer, please let me know. Btw the customer that asked
>has a green grommet on his. That means all 4 are in play now, which one is
>right?

Rick,

I had the same problem with 887.  The gromet on my car was also black.  So
I bought a black unit.  It didn't work.  I ended up going through all 4 and
finally got the correct one - GREEN!  My original Motorcraft unit has a
piece of Green tape on the side, but the gromet is black.  I've discussed
this with who ever will talk to me at "Wells" the maker of the aftermarket
unit I have, but no one can really tell me the difference.  Checking the
parts manual at the auto parts store, the Green unit is supposedly for the
Pickup trucks.  The Black one is supposedly for the cars.

Wish I knew what the difference was.  You know - curious minds want to know.:)

Phone:  (757) 495-8229