Front End Work Continues - Wheel Well Update and Hood

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front End Work Continues - Wheel Well Update and Hood
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:52:43 -0500
I found a carpet runner made out of vinyl that I used for the wheel wheels.  I
believe this will do for now, but I would not recommend using it.  The
material like the urethane truck gap guards will be a better solution.  I was
able to mount the vinyl like the previous rubber guards and then roll the
overhanging vinyl back over the wheel well.  This closes the gap above the
wheel well and should help prevent debris from entering the engine bay above
the wheel well.  I also filled the gap around the ground effects since I had
accumulated a lot of leaves and dirt (about a pound of debris) there. This
should prevent this much from getting trapped in there again.  I do plan on
removing this when I can locate sheets or rolls of urethane that is 1/8 to 1/4
inch thick.

I am in the process of installing the hood which matched up to the hood latch
when I removed it.  Now I am having trouble getting it lined up again.  Is
there a suggestion of how better to accomplish this other than the trial and
error method I am currently using.

My next step is mounting 74 headlight buckets on the 75 headlight assembly.  I
have found with the firmness of the 75 springs that I may need to repair the
actuator since it is leaking vacuum.  On the 74 assembly the light was so
heavy it forced the light to remain down when the engine was off.  The 75
assembly is causing one light to pop up with the engine off.  I have ordered
an actuator repair rod seal, which should address this problem.  Here is a
link if anyone is interested.  $10 plus shipping.
http://www.zip-products.com/Zip/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=HDL%2D224&gift=False&0=d
ept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D2844%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2C68%2D82%20Home&1=dept
%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D2312%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D0%2C68%2D82%20Headlights%20
%26%20Lamps&2=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D887%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D1%2C68%2D8
2%20Headlight%20Components&3=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D896%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tr
ee%3D2%2CHeadlight%20Vacuum%20System%20%26%20Repair%20Components&HSLB=False&m
scssid=C498A3B2A28145E4A1F1E2D593FBAA9E

Looking forward to the meet in Michigan.

Greg 0036