Two questions

To: "Bricklin Forum" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two questions
From: "William J. Lawyer" <wlawyer@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 18:36:04 -0500
Lately I've noticed strange behavior in 1643.  When I start the car the
headlights pop up as expected, but they will stay deployed for up to several
minutes before retracting.  Sometimes I have to turn on the headlights, then
shut them off before they retract as they are supposed to.  At other times,
they pop up, remain open for maybe thirty seconds, then retract.

The headlights do NOT deploy when the car is parked.  In fact the car was
recently parked and not driven or started for two weeks.  The headlights
remained retracted the entire time.  Any idea why the headlights are doing
this?

Second question:  I was recently inspecting the underside of the car and
noticed that while I've driven the car for two years, and it has nearly
10,000 miles on the odometer, the original exhaust pipes from the manifold
to the muffler are still silver and devoid of rust.  This leads me to
believe they are stainless steel - something virtually no domestic (or
nearly domestic!) manufacturer did in the seventies.  Is the stock Bricklin
exhaust system made of stainless steel?

Thanks!

William J. Lawyer
1643