Re: Very Quiet

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Very Quiet
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:53:15 -0500
I had been thinking the same thing.  Here are a couple of things.

I was going to try to start my car last night after driving it on Sunday.
Battery dead again.  I cannot figure out if I am just having extremely bad
luck with batteries or if there is something causing a significant drain.  I
will remove this battery and have it tested again and probably replaced like
the other three.  I had replaced the original alternator and the output
voltage checks out fine at the alternator and at the battery.

On another note. Why I like to work on my own car.

I have a 1998 Toyota Supra and the fog lights have not been working for
several years. I had looked on the fuse box diagram and it would indicate a
fuse for the fog lights before a couple of other fuses.  With the limited
amount of space I was unable to see where it could be.  There was a blank
spot on the box and I figured that may be where they were indicating that
fuse would be.  Last night I decided to remove the kick panel and try to
trace the wire, checked the switch, relay and then noticed a small separte
fuse block.  I looked at the diagram and it appeared this could be the fuse
block for the fog lights.  The only problem there was no fuse there to
check.  It appears that when I had an issue with my A/C clutch and clock (on
the same fuse) a few years ago they told me it was just a 15 amp fuse.  By
coincidence it was the same as the fog light.  Insted of replacing the fuse
with a new one it appears they removed the fog light fuse.  Fixed the A/C
but disable the fog lights.  I installed a spare fuse from the engine fuse
box and now they work.

I am still not sure where to take the Bricklin for service, so I read
service manuals and use this emal address to do the repairs.  After this I
am not sure if I can take my Toyota any where and be sure the repair is done
right, so I am even more leary of taken the Bricklin anywhere.

Greg 0036