Installing Headers - Header Removal Suggestions Needed.

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing Headers - Header Removal Suggestions Needed.
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 22:15:37 -0500
OK, I had purchased these headers a couple of years ago and it may be time to
install them.  I had my exhaust pipe separate from the header again and had to
limp home just idling. I had replaced the doughnut the last time and it held
up for about a year.  The problem is mainly the flange on the pipe has worn
off and passes through the connection. Fortunately I had just got back to my
neighborhood after making a trip to a local gas station. My main concern with
the installation is the removal of the existing cast iron headers and the
possibility of breaking off the bolt.  I have broken several bolts while
working on the car.  I plan to use PB Blaster or Liquid wrench to soak the
bolts.  Any others suggestions on removal?

Would there be any issues of completing one side and then working on the other
at a later date?  The instructions indicate to work on the passenger side
first.  I believe this is mainly since you have to remove the starter and put
the header and starter in position at the same time.

I guess the speakers will have to wait.  Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Greg 0036