Re: Header Installation continued - Oil Dipstick shaft removal

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header Installation continued - Oil Dipstick shaft removal
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:03:09 -0400
The easy way to do this is take a hacksaw and cut the flange between the
tubes of the headers so the dipstick slides thru it The amc dipstick can be
a real pain to get out with out breaking, if it breaks it leaves a long
portion inside the pan which usually takes hours to remove. hot rodders have
been cutting out the flange material between the ports for years.
Rick R

On 10/11/06 11:51:35 PM, Greg Schroeder (gschroeder@comcast.net) wrote:
> I was putting the header in position and notice that I would have an issue
with the oil dipstick since.  The header has a metal strip between each port
unlike the opening in the stock exhaust manifold.  I do not have room to
bring
the header above the dipstick and then put it in position. Is there a trick
removing the oil dipstick shaft?