Header Installation continued - Oil Dipstick shaft removal

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header Installation continued - Oil Dipstick shaft removal
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:51:35 -0500
I ended up cutting the down tube so I could try to position the header in
place.  I was going to have to cut it anyway if I decide to reuse it at this
time.  The goal would be to replace it with a new exhaust system at some
point.  Since this was not really planned work, I would like to get this done
as quickly as possible and also where the car is safe and reliable.

I was putting the header in position and notice that I would have an issue
with the oil dipstick since.  The header has a metal strip between each port
unlike the opening in the stock exhaust manifold.  I do not have room to bring
the header above the dipstick and then put it in position. Is there a trick to
removing the oil dipstick shaft?  I could not find anything in my AMC service
manual related to this.

Greg 0036