Defroster question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Defroster question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:52:23 -0400
I just received the following email from Jim Sartoris
<jgs13@suscom-maine.net>:

>I've had my Bricklin for almost 3 years, and cannot for the life of me
>figure out the arrangement for the rear defrost. Being in the cooler
>climates of Freeport, Maine, this is a "must have".  When I hit the
>toggle for the rear defrost, I get a defrost fan that comes on,
>rather than activating the heated wires in the back window. And this fan
>does nothing to get rid of the moisture. Is it possible to hook the
>original wiring up up to that back window??

I've advised him to check the resistance of the defroster loop on the hatch
glass.  But again since my car is not intact I don'k know how the system
was designed.  Every car I've had, the fan was independant from the rear
window defogger.  So I think someone has mixed up a couple of wires on
him.

Anyone have their dash out, and can check the color of the wires on the
deforster switch?  Or have anyother ideas.

John

    Any and all advice is most appreciated, and I tell every
non-Bricklin owner what a benefit this web-site is day to day.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229