A/C knob question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: A/C knob question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:48:30 -0400
I just received the following email from Jim Sartoris
<jgs13@suscom-maine.net>:

>I am in the process of installing a rosewood dash on # 1100, but am
>having trouble removing the A/C dash button. I tried to pry it off
>gently, tried a tiny allen wrench on the bottom of the knob where there
>is a small hole, but no success. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
>to remove this knob?

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the silver/chrome conical know of the
AC temp adjustment.  I'm pretty sure that was has held on by an very small
allen set screw, but I don't know where mine is or have the dash in my car.
So I can't look.

I'm thinking that maybe the PO lost the set screw and glued it on. :(

Anyone remember?

TIA

Phone:  (757) 495-8229