Re: brake light bulb

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake light bulb
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 04:30:29 -0400
Don't waste your money on LED. They won't work properly in your car. the
tail lights were designed with reflectors that reflect light from the back
of the bulb, since LEDs only throw light forward they will be very dim  hard
to see and only illuminate the small area where the bulb is. there are some
very expensive leds that do have rear facing leds but they are usually in
the 30-50$ price range and are still not as good as the old fashioned
incandescent bulbs. I believe the stop tails are 1157,  but has been a long
time since I have opened a tail light
Rick