Bumpy ride...

To: Bricklin Forum <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bumpy ride...
From: "William J. Lawyer" <wlawyer@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:45:28 -0500
I have found 1643 feels like the right-rear tire is out-of-round when
I'm running between 60 and 65 MPH.  However I've had an out-of-round
tire once before and it bounced on all road surfaces.  My Brick does not
do this on all roads.  Sometimes it will hop on a nice smooth blacktop,
yet on a different stretch of equally smooth road, it will NOT hop.

I've read something about a trailing arm or some such component of the
rear suspension.  Could this be responsible for this behavior?  Is this
typical of all Bricklins?

It has done this since I first bought the car with a little over 1,000
miles on it.  I installed a set of new BFG Radial T/As and the car now
has just under 13,000 miles on the odo.

Bill
1643