Articles needed

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Articles needed
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:30:54 -0400
I know you all are probably getting tired of hearing this, but:

I    N E E D   A R T I C L E S   !

I've only got about 4 in reserve to lay out the Jan. issue, which will
start Nov 1st.

So come on.  You've had your cars out all summer or been working on them
all summer.  You have had to have:

a. some interesting trip, with or without problems.

b. done some work on your car.  Why?  How?  Did it go as planned?  Did you
   get in over your head?

c. had to find a mechanic that would not shy away from a Bricklin.  How did
   you do it?  What did they do?  Did they fix the car?  Make it worse?

d. just gotten your Bricklin and joined the club.  How about an article
   introducing yourself to the group.

e. anything else that may be of general interest to the community.  (

Be sure to send pictures with the articles.

For those that haven't sent in an article here's what I'd like.

1. For the text of the article,  I prefer it emailed, either in text (TXT)
   or a Rich Text Format (RTF) format.  This cuts down on problems of using
   different versions, or even different word processors.

   You can indicate where you'd like the pictures to be placed by inserthing
   something like  *** image 1 here *** and I'll try to place the picture
   as close to the spot as possible.

   However, for those that don't have wordprocessors or know how to use one
   I will accept typed or hand written (preferably printed) text.

2. For the pictures, again I prefer them emailed.  You can attach several
   pictures to one email.  But try to limit the size of the email to under
   5 MB as many emailer won't forward something over 5 MB.  If you have to
   send 1 picture per email.

   The format can be JPG, or TIF.

   If you are going to send hardcopy pictures via snail mail, please send me
   the dupes, as I can not guarentee that I can return the pictures.

   I'd like pictures of you, your car, and anything you are talking about in
   the article.

Come on now.  It's your club, your magazine.  I don't mind laying it out, but
I can't write all the articles myself.

In fact, I challange anyone to write as many articles as I have for the
magazine.  So far, I've written over 37 articles, and don't know how many
quick tips and items in the "What They're Up To" column.

If you're worried about your spelling, don't be.  That's what spelling
checkers/editors/proof readers are for.  I'm dyslexic and was voted "the
most likely not to be able to spell his name" in high school.  But back
when I was about 30ish, I wrote my 1st article about interfacing a printer
to a computer.  Since then I've written and published over 75 articles on
computers, restoring my Morgan, working on my Dad's '48 TR1800 and my
Bricklin.

So if I can do it, you can to!!!

Without articles, we don't have a magazine!

You don't have to be a BI club member to write an article.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229