RE: CA Fires

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CA Fires
From: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:00:48 -0700
So far we have been safe here in Lakeside (San Diego County), but some of
our acquaintances in nearby towns have lost their homes. Apart from the TV
and the Internet, it's hard to get information in or out - the telephone
land  lines are all busy right now, according to the message we hear when
trying to call out, and we have been told not to use cell phones (needed for
emergency services).

The area is eerily silent, as the roads around us have been closed to
traffic, and there is a lot of smoke wafting around. Early this morning, we
could see a fire burning on a ridge South of us.

We are set to leave at any time. If we evacuate, one of the things I'll have
to leave behind is my Lotus Seven. Leaving the Seven in the garage means it
will burn if the house does, but leaving it outside does not guarantee its
survival either!  The Bricklin is in Dave Hall's shop in Riverside, and I
hope it's not in harm's way there.

JLC
1970 Lotus Seven Twin Cam
1975 Bricklin SV1

John wrote:
I'm hoping all our friends in CA are fairing well with the fires out there.
>From what I'm seeing on TV, it really looks devastating.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you all the best, and hoping that you don't suffer any losses.

1:26 PM