[Bricklin] H E L P - Brickline Articles needed (1 of 2)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] H E L P - Brickline Articles needed (1 of 2)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:50:29 -0500
Gang,

I'm laying out the April issue of the magazine, and have run into a problem.

I'M OUT OF ARTICLES!

Well actually, I have 2, both written by me.  One on the cooling system which
I plan on using for the July issue, and one on cutting metal.  That's it!

So come one guys.  Sit down at your computers and write some articles for the
magazine.  You'll be helping your fellow Bricklin owners!

When you work on your car, please take you digital camera out and take some
pictures of what you're doing and write an article.  I need technical
articles!!!

If you started something, and it turned to a worms, became more than your
capabilities, etc.  please write up something about the job, and the problems.
Help you fellow Bricklin owners.

Have you gotten a nice new bobble for your car?  Take some pictures and write
an article about it.

Are you going on a trip in your Bricklin?  Take you digital camera, take some
pictures, and write an article.

Did you have a problem on a trip?  Please write it up.  What was the problem?
Were you able to fix it?  Did you have to take the car to a shop? How was it
fixed?

Have a problem you don't know how to fix?  Write a letter to the editor, and
ask for help.  I'll try to help you immediately, and then publish
your letter, or
you could write an article.  For long time members, you may have noticed that I
pull interesting problems from both the forum on our web page, and the email
mailing list, and put them in the "What They're Up To" column.

Did you just learn something - like how to adjust the doors to open and close
properly?  Please write an article.

Did you just get a new tool?  Something that makes a job easier?  Then write
an article about it.

Like many of you, I've belonged to numerious clubs over the years.  One thing
ALL clubs and orginizations have in common, is that they NEED, NEW, YOUNG,
BLOOD.  If they don't get new blood the orginization is going to DIE!

If you look in every issue of the magazine, we have a "Welcome New Members"
list.  Most of these "new members" are first time Bricklin owners.  It is up to
us "Old Guard" to take these new comers under our wings and teach them.
Unfortunately, too many Bricklin owners don't have a Bricklin shop
next to them,
nor do they have another Bricklin in their town.

So how can the club help its members?  Articles in the magazine!