[Bricklin] H E L P - Brickline Articles needed (2 of 2)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] H E L P - Brickline Articles needed (2 of 2)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:50:19 -0500
Some of these new comers have a strong mechanical backround.  Some don't.
Consiquently, Novice articles are always welcome!  Something like how to set
the timing, adjust the carbruator.

If you don't work on your car, how did you find a mechanic that will?  What do
you have to provide him so he can work on your car?

Just because we've had an article about a subject, doesn't mean that we
shouldn't have another article on that topic.  Different people
attack a problem
different way.  Or the original article left something out.

PLEASE, PLEASE, share your experiences.  This is YOUR club, and YOUR
magazine!

Submitting articles:

1. Feel free to use a word processor to develop your article, and
correct spelling.

2. Please don't do any fancy formatting, or use any fancy
fonts.   I'll have to
    change all that anyway for the magazine.

3. Don't embed pictures in the article.  When you want the picture to
go, simply
     put something like

            **** picture 1  *****
                      or
            **** Picture of engine ****

     where you want the picture to be placed.  I'll try and place the
picture as close
     to that point as I can.

4. Don't edit pictures.  I need the highest resolution picture you can provide.
     Small pictures - file sizes less than 100K usually don't enlarge
or print very
     well.

5. I find that when I've finished writting the article, having a
family member or
     friend read it, really helps.  If they understand it, then
you've managed to
     make your point and they'll catch typical errors where you've
used the wrong
     word that the spelling checker doesn't catch, because the word is spelled
     correctly.

6. After you've made any final corrections and saved the final copy
of an article,
     please use the "Save As" and save the article either in Rich
Text Format (RTF)
     or as a Text file (TXT).  Email me the aritcle and pictures.

7. Send pictures in a seperate email, about 5 pictures per email.  Try not to
    exceed about 5-6 Mega Bytes of attachments per email.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229