Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin Rear End/Brakes

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin Rear End/Brakes
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:42:26 -0400
 The rear end is an AMC model 20, The same rear end used on most V8 AMC cars
and  many full sized jeeps. The length of the axles may different but the
hardware is all the same. Brakes from  a 70's vintage V8 javelin are exact
matches and the wheel cylinders should be in stock at Napa if you use the Napa
# in the cross reference.
 The seized rear brakes are probably due to a seized rear wheel cylinder.
while you have  the drum off check the shoes and they may need replacing as
well. the rear wheel cylinders have a tendency to either seize or leak ( like
all 70's vintage cars) so be prepared to change them every few years.
 There is no real manual fro the car other than the bricklin club forum or the
archives here, searching the archives here is now fairly easy as is s earching
the bricklin club forum http://www.bricklin.org/forum/
 the best thing you can do is buy am illustrated parts manual, at least it has
exploded views so you can see how things are put together.
The transmission is a ford FMX if it is a 75

Good luck and happy driving.