[Bricklin] Bricklin 0284 For Sale

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] Bricklin 0284 For Sale
From: Dan Denham <garagex4@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:50:10 -0800 (PST)
Hello Bricklin Folks, I am selling the Bricklin.
I purchased this 1974 Bricklin with full intentions of restoring the vehicle.
In December I purchased a 57 Chevy almost identical to my first automobile and
I need garage space. The Bricklin has to go even though I still like the
Brickiln.  This is the green car listed on ebay last week. The engine is the
AMC 360ci V8 and is not running. I was comfortable purchasing the vehicle with
the engine not operating because from appearances the engine was untouched. The
telltale signs of rounded nut corners, wrench marks and chipped paint do not
exist. The carburetor appears to have never been removed from the engine and
serviced. The carburetor needs serious cleaning. I powered the starter by
connecting to the starter relay directly to a battery and the engine cranked
easily with plugs removed. I also cranked the engine with plugs in and hot
wired the spark coil. I put an inline spark tester on the #1 cylinder spark
wire and the spark indicator flashed. I was
 able to get a few cylinders to pop with starter fluid. One front tire is
replaced with a new steel belted radial tire, P235/60r15. The other three tires
are the old style nylon corded radial tires, FR60-15. The hood, top and rear
hatch panels have stress cracks. I think the panels were painted because there
are two shades of green on the hood, top and hatch panels. The fenders also
have some residual paint on then. The driver side door panel and the hatch
panel both have broken corners. The original hydraulic door mechanism is in
place and not working, the old hoses are broken. The original seats are there
but need to be replaced. Window glass is there but would have to be removed and
reinstalled because the rubber seals are deteriorated. The passenger door widow
regulator operates but the glass is detached. The glass inside the door appears
to be OK. The passenger door has been broken at the upper window corners and
poorly welded back together.   Door
 and interior panels are there and worn but functional at the mounting screw
hole locations. Interior rug and padding are gone. I have never had this car
operating and cannot give any information about the brakes, suspension and
automatic transmission other than they are there. The previous owner owned the
vehicle since 1986 and put 60 miles on the odometer. I have owned the vehicle
for six months. Current odometer reading is 14078 miles. This vehicle is listed
on the bricklin.org webpage as #0284 located in Hydes, MD. My investment and
price for this vehicle is US$3125. Please contact me at garagex4@yahoo.com
VIN: 00021AA4S000284   Thank You, Dan Denham
55Chev Bel Hdtp, 57 Chev Bel 4Dr, 66T-Bird Conv. 74Brick #284, 76 Gremlin X