Re: [Bricklin] Tires

To: Loren Levinsohn <loren0701@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Tires
From: klasicars <klasicars@mywdo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 17:18:10 -0700
/The original Bricklin brochure lists the tire size as FR60-15.
That size has a diameter of 25.9 inches and width of 9.4 inches.
Using those numbers, go to this web site and select a tire close to that
size.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
The smaller number of aspect ratio (50, 60, 65, 70 series) the wider the
tire.
Given the same P-metric size, the smaller the aspect ratio, the overall
diameter gets smaller.
The chart on that website will tell you the size of any tire you select.
A wide tire may cause contact with the body or frame pieces.
A smaller diameter tire requires more revolutions per mile (higher
engine rpm).
If you select a wider tire be sure to consider loaded weight and
suspension compression.

Hope this gives you a useful tool in selecting your tire size.

Don in sunny Colorado   #1880 /