spitfire 1500 engine mods.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: spitfire 1500 engine mods.
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu!GGN100%PSUVM.BITNET@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 89 09:24 EST
     Yep, the twin SU modification is a good way to up the preformance from
that Stromburg, espically if you preform a detox at the same time. (Kids!
if you live in California, do not try this at home!) Probably the easiest
thing to do is get a intake manifold (and carbs!) off of a Spit. Mk. III.
Another route to take if you plan even more modifications, is to get the
intake manifold from a British spec Spitfire/Midget 1500. They have 2 HIF44
carbs on them which could be replaced with a set of HS4's from a B if you
prefer the older carbs (like me! I hate trying to check float levels in those
dang things!!!!) This'll give you plenty of breathing ability for other
modifications without having to deal with inaccesability (I'm talking DCOE's
and Midgets here).
-------

| GGN100@PSUVM.BITNET  +                //     || |      \  \  ------   |
|PENN STATE UNIVERSITY +        ( /--\  |       |       /--\  B| ----   |
|  MCKEESPORT CAMPUS   +        d| () | |_______|      | () | /  -----  |
 -- So tell me, how many times have Hondas won the Monte Carlo Rally? --
                   --- LONG LIVE THE MINI! ---