Life without a garage

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Life without a garage
From: uunet!hcxio!andyh@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Andy Haber)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 89 18:10:26 EST
>       Andy, Andy, Andy- The top may look good, but who needs it? B's work
>better without them anyhow. No rattles, more rear storage space, (nothing to
>block my speakers). And you live in Florida? My soft top spend most of it's
>time stored upstairs in the barn. (I do have a tonneau, so I can keep the
>birds at bay).

Yea, I live in florida, where in the summer it can ran *every* day, and I
have no garage to keep my B in.  You people with garages have no appreciation
of the effect of weather.  I have to put the top up every day.  Otherwise
I'd have a car pool in no time!  Of course I can also laugh and smirk at
everyone on the list who writes about getting their car ready for winter
or putting it in storage till next April.  It was 68 degrees when I drive
Ol' wobbly wheels home from work last week, with the top down!

I have a tonneau as well, which I often use during the day.  I still remember
the one evening I went out to the supermarket and left the tonneau on while
I was in the store.  When I came out 15 minutes later, it was pouring down
rain.  I quickly took the tonneau off and put the top up.  Got in, fired up
the engine and hit the windshield wipers.  Unfortunately the wipers only
work on the outside of the windshield.  There was so much water on the
inside of the windsheild that I still couldn't see to drive!

To me that top is just about as important as any other part of the car!

Andy Haber
Harris Computer Systems Division, Ft Lauderdale, FL.