BRP?

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: BRP?
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 89 15:17:22 EST
A few weeks (or more) ago I received a flyer in the mail from an outfit
in Sandy Ego, California called British Parts Depot.  So I called them,
and despite the fact that the woman who answered the phone seemed quite
disinterested in giving me much info, they did seem to be a legit group
with some reasonable prices and with a claimed 30 (60?) day warranty on
their used parts.  The very concept of a warranty on used parts strikes
me as a bit humourous, though possibly a indication that they do try to
avoid selling obvious junk.  It also might be a come-on to hook suckers
because it seems a bit too good to be true.  Have any of you ever heard
of them?  Are they real or was their mailing part of a ripoff game?  If
you have dealt with them, are they nice folks worthy of patronage?  The
likehood of anyone (i.e. you or me) ever making a warranty claim on any
used parts is probably small, but I wonder, is it very common?  Thanks.

Zipping along up Rt. 3A last night, we came upon a GT-6.  It was making
some rather wonderful noises too.  But I wish (s)he hadn't taken it out
with so much salt on the roads.

Back about 1970 or so when the Datsun 240Z was brand new, a snail slunk
into a Datsun dealership and placed an order on a new one, but with the
condition that the Z on all the marque badges be changed to an S.  When
asked why, the snail replied "When people see me drive down the street,
I want them to say 'Man, look at that S-car go!'"  Sorry.  I promise it
won't happen again.

Jim Muller