TR-8 questions

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: TR-8 questions
From: mit-eddie!Sun.COM!philr@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Phil Robar)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 89 16:55:28 PST
A local dealer advertised two 1981 TR-8 convertibles for $9500 for the
pair. Any ideas on what I should expect at this price? Are there things
that I should check such as problem rust areas, mechanical problems
specific to the TR-8, or tell tale leaks?

By the way, my current car is my brother's 1981(?) TR-7 which has been
extremely reliable. It is about to go in for its first major engine
work (problem in one cylinder, stalls until warm) in 104,000 miles.
Many of those miles included being used and abused by my two brothers
during their high school years (the transmission was worked on twice).
We've never experienced anything like any of the british car
reliability horror stories that others have posted.

Philip Robar, MTS
Window Systems Performance and Reliability
Sun Microsystems, MS 14-40, 2550 Garcia Ave., Mt. View, CA. 94043

Phone:  (415) 336-1423
Email:  philr@sun.com
        ...!sun!philr