Re:

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re:
From: "Ralph E. Droms" <mit-eddie!CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu!droms%sol.bucknell.edu@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 90 16:43:49 EST
   For all those that drive Sprigets, you know how frustrating it
   is to a silly 6-7 gallon fuel tank. With mine I am lucky if I can
   get more than 180 miles before having to fill up again.

   My question is, has anybody tried this modification or can see any obvious
   flaws with it ?? Otherwise what do other Spridget owners do to increase
   their fuel range ??

Gee, after 180 miles in my Bugeye, I'm typically *more* than ready for
a pit stop.  The Bugeye usually needs another quart of oil by then,
anyway...

Did later model Spridgets have larger tanks?  I seem to remember that
my friend's '72 Midget had a 9 gallon tank.

- Ralph