mini's and MG 1100's?

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: mini's and MG 1100's?
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 90 17:05:04 EST
I met a dude recently who has a austin mini (no idea what year or engine)
with no interior, and was given a car he can only describe as being and
MG and looking like an austin america. Supposedly both of them run. He
says the 2 cars chare the same drivetrain and interior. He was going to
take the interior out of the MG and put it into the austin, but he's moving
to colorado in march and has another project that will take all of his
time til them, so he's offered them to me, $500 was a rough price he gave,
we can probably haggle. I've seen the mini, sure enough it's got no interior
and needs a paint job, haven't seen the MG though I'm curious. Someone Else
said it's probably an MG 1100.  Does anyone out there know what this MG
might be, and is it worth having? I've always thought the mini's were
the *cutest* little things, though I'm not sure if I'd want to drive one.\
But who can turn down a couple of cute (or ugly) british cars?