Re: Mini vs. MG1100

To: hoosier!sol@cs
Subject: Re: Mini vs. MG1100
From: mit-eddie!p42.f4.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG!George.Emery@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (George Emery)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 90 09:11:38 PST
 > The MG1100 did however, as far as I can recall, used an
 > A-unit engine diplacing 1098cc which was one of the few capacities not used
 > in the Mini.

The Mini Clubman used the 1098cc engine.

 > The front suspensions were pretty much the same for both and
 > could be interchanged.

No, you cannot interchange them because the geometry is different.  If they
could be interchanged, it would be a source for some excellent disc brakes!
--
George Emery - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
            UUCP: ...!{uunet!oresoft, tektronix!reed}!busker!4.42!George.Emery