Re: mini's and MG 1100's?

To: hoosier!sol@cs
Subject: Re: mini's and MG 1100's?
From: mit-eddie!p42.f4.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG!George.Emery@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (George Emery)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 90 09:22:52 PST
 > My lasting impression was that the steering wheel was a little off centre
 > for the driver, off to the left (towards the passenger seat!) a bit.  I
 > felt that I had to sit turned to the left a smidgeon to drive it.

Oops!  I forgot to mention that as one of the prime characteristics of these
little beasts!  To from one of these to a GT-6 is a rather bizarre act...
the GT-6 has the pedals offset in the other direction.

 > Parts of the interior could be swapped, I
 > suppose.  The front seats maybe?

Yes.  The front seats are more desireable than the Mini's because they have
additional padding, a headrest, and more of a bucket to keep your derierre
from sliding into the other seat while cornering.  There's a slight
disadvantage because they'll sit higher than Mini seats and just barely fit
the width of a Mini.  The extra padding is nice, but if you're over 5'10",
then your head will be constantly brushing the headliner... I use the seats
for autocrossing because I can then see the fenders clearly.
--
George Emery - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
            UUCP: ...!{uunet!oresoft, tektronix!reed}!busker!4.42!George.Emery