Has it been done?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Has it been done?
From: Edward Burns <mit-eddie!ads.com!eburns@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 90 11:29:28 PST
All this talk about MG/Honda mating has got me wondering.
Do any of you know if this has been done using real British
bodies and Japanese drivetrains.  Every time my `67 MGB/GT
coughs or spits, I think about how nice it would be to have
a clean reliable Toyota or Honda engine in it.  I doubt if
I'd ever do it because I'm a stickler for authenticity, but
it sure sounds good.  Any thoughts on the feasibility?

On another subject, I have to say something good about the
electrical system in the car.  I started it up last night at
10pm 35 miles from home and the generator light stayed lit.
Great, now what?  I was feeling lucky, so I headed off.  Got
home with no trouble at all, lights even stayed bright.
Checked the charging voltage - not a volt.  I got up early
this morning to troubleshoot and found a brush had worn down
to the wire.  The other one was almost intact.  I had an extra
set in a drawer so I put them in and gave it a try.  I was
amazed to find that the car started just like it always(well,
usually) does and didn't even crank slowly.  Thank You Batteries!!

-Ed