Re: colors for AH Sprite

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: colors for AH Sprite
From: linus!xait!pyrthoth.pyramid.com!robbp@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Rob Pryor)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 90 10:34:33 PST
>my Dad's in the process of restoring his '63 AH Sprite and asked
>me to find out what colors were original.

If you can find a copy of the factory original parts manual, you should find
a list of the factory original paint colors by name.  These manuals are
becoming more available these days, but you may have to do some looking.
A paint store that has been in the business for a while can show you the
paint chip corresponding to the name.

I went through this process a few years ago.  Down to the local BMC shop
(yeah, I know, it was more than just a few years ago), photocopy the page
outof the back of the book, then down to the paint store to check their
BMC paint books.  When I went there, alot of that stuff hadn't been looked
at in a while.  Your mileage may vary.  Good Luck.
--