Re: minimaniahotwaterandice

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: minimaniahotwaterandice
From: mit-eddie!harvard!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 12:44:08 EST
Jim Muller penned:

> ... Of course, those of us on
> the right coast, a.k.a. first coast, have a hard enough time getting just the
> New Englanders and near-New Englanders together.  Last year's attempt was a
> big washout.  Shall we try again?  Whadayasay, Roger?  Rob?  Dale?  Metz?
> Garry?  (We've lost Mark L. to the left coast, and Bob T. to hard times, and
> Dr. Bobwrench B. to higher tech in the uppermidwest.)  John Wr.?  Oneway?
> Anyone else?

I'm all for it!  Except that most folks chose a Sunday for get togethers.
Sundays aren't usually good for me (but I could make the effort, especially
on a holiday weekend).  I still don't have a British steed to proudly show
off, but I would still like to meet folks on the e-mail list.  And of course
to look at some of these blinkin' cars I keep reading about!!!

I'm still working on acquiring a British motor car, so who knows, perhaps
I could surprise yah all yet if we ever did get together.  Anyway, I'd
still go along and bring a few Bass Ales and John Bulls with me :-) whatever
the situation.

One of these years I have to get upto Brookline, Massachusetts on British
Car Day.  Even if it is on a Sunday.  Perhaps that would be a good day,
whenever it is?!

        - Garry Archer (born in the same town as Bass Ale and John Bull Lager)