Fuel Tank Sending Unit

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Fuel Tank Sending Unit
From: mit-eddie!cgl.ucsf.EDU!gregoret@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 90 12:23:12 PST
We're about to replace the fuel tank sending unit on our MGB.  We are
sure that the existing one is bad.

In light of the fairly recent discussion about explosions and gas tank
modifications, does anyone have any suggestions/precautions about how
the replacement should be done?

I think the current unit leaks a little when the tank is full.  Is
there a sealant we could use to leak-proof the new sending unit?

Thank you,
Lydia Gregoret

P.S.  About ready to sell the Honda and rely on the MG full time!