Re: First SOL experience (was Re: minimaniahotwaterandice)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: First SOL experience (was Re: minimaniahotwaterandice)
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 90 13:37:28 CDT

> mr Ethier sez:
> Sometime when you are really bored, ask me about my former Rover
> 2000TC   phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
> -
>  I am also available for voluminous, vociferous and libelous
> comments on Rover 2000's. My first car......
>  Aran

I don't know that it'd    be all that libelous...   It had the factory
mags and header, was faster than the weight (3000 lb on the
Donneybrooke scale) and power (factory said 125 bhp from 2 litres)
would suggest.  I really bought the wrong car, since I was an
autocross freak.  I should have bought  a Spridget.  I finally traded
the '66 2000TC with gearchange problems even-up for a '68 SAAB 96 in
good shape.  It still was a fine car, comfortable, tight and usable
except in deep snow.    phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324