Confessions from deep within...

To: british-cars%alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Confessions from deep within...
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!chrisp%mrloog.wr.tek.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 26 Feb 90 11:18:25 PST (Mon)
I nearly did the unthinkable.  The thought of paying off my wife's medical
bills, buying a Ducati, a Triumph Bonney, or a Guzzi T3 was almost too
great.  I had a dozen and a half callers, and a half a dozen lookers
that included an English gent from whom I am still certain to hear.  I had
an offer that would have trebled my original monitary investment, perhaps
even more.  I had people calling from out of state, and my wife encouraging
me to finalize a deal.  I came that close to doing it.  Sell the '58 XK150
Coupe!

Arrgggg...  Like the mermaids singing on those deadly rocks, I almost
gave into the desire and urge of reality.  But I couldn't do it.  I can not
sell one of 3300 ever manufactured.  Besides, an XK150S Roadster fetched
$144,000!!!! at the Barrett-Jackson auction two weeks ago.  I just don't
know what I was thinking of...

Thanx for listening:
Chris