Pulling a TR7 water pump..

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Pulling a TR7 water pump..
From: apollo!rimbold@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 90 11:32:21 EST
I'm in the process of pulling the water pump on my TR7 coupe
(and adjusting the valves on the convertible). The valves are
easy.. I wish that I could say as much about the water pump.

In my Haynes, it says to use special tool number XYZ with adaptor
XYW, or to lever it out with two screwdrivers. Now, lacking
the tool, I had a go with the screwdrivers. Fat chance :-)

I've got Mike Buonanduci looking through his factory tools for
me to find the water pump extractor. In the meantime, tonight
I'll put my new collection of shims into the valvetrain of the
convertible and see how it sounds. Should be a lot quieter with
clearances of .018 instead of the .022 thru .027 that I found
(this is on the Sprint head, before anyone mentions that I've
got the clearances wrong).

Having a big garage is great :-)

Since I haven't seen any firm proposals for a New England SOL
gathering date/place, I'll volunteer my house this year. I
live in Plaistow, NH - right off Rte. 495 and just over the state
border. It's about 35 minutes from downtown Boston (if you start
from Rte. 93). As for a date, how about tentatively scheduling it
for Saturday, April 21st? Reply to this message and let me know
if you'll be coming and give me any alternate dates you might like.

'Rob
rimbold@apollo.hp.com
H: (603) 382-3938 (leave msg on machine)
W: (508) 256-0176 x7427