horn push shroud?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: horn push shroud?
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 08:21:10 EST
        >Does Eightparts have a catalog?
No, just a couple of flyer things. Mostly on Rovers. Best thing to do is call
and ask about what wyou need.

         > Does anyone know what size the nut is on the end of a '79
         > crankshaft (MGB)?
Well, how 'bout the real answer? I think it's a 1 5/16". It's the same size as
the front wheel spindle nut, so it's worth having. And, turning a rachet
is easier than shoving the car around.

        >Introducing Conoco Regular RXL gasoline with DuPont VALVE MASTER
        >lead substitute [...]
        >Has this appeared anywhere else in the U.S.?

Haven't seen anything on it, but I would want to see real, and independent
tests, before I would trust my heads to it. (It would be great if it works)
Pratical Classics ran a trial on a "Green" lead substitute, over in England,
and it failed miserably. They had had good reports from users, and decided
try it out. They took a volunteers Austin 1800, (same base engine as MGB),
checked out the head & valves, and started running it around. Gave it
the proper dose of the stuff, and didn't hold back on the revs. They had to
adjust the valves real soon, and within 10K or so miles, #3 valve seat
was wasted. Textbook valve recession. They are going to try again, just to
make sure.
   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | The All New:
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!