Front end alignment (was: lubricating trunnions)

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (local-british-cars)
Subject: Front end alignment (was: lubricating trunnions)
From: mit-eddie!think!ames!amdahl!drivax!dambrose@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (David Ambrose)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 90 20:51:27 GMT
In article <9003052112.AA14018@apple.com> sands@apple.com writes:

>I finished the installation of my suspension this weekend in
>a marathon effort supported by my daughter and wife.  I set
>the alignment with my nifty new tool from Halibrand.  The goal
>was one degree negative camber and about 2.5 castor.  By the
>time I had taken apart both suspensions five times for adjustment
>I was wishing for the good old naive days before with no adjustment
>available.  The only hitch was getting the castor down.  With
>the rod ends screwed all the way in it now sits at 3.5 or so.

        Could you tell us more about this nifty tool?  Is it expensive?  I
am having a lot of trouble finding shops down here which can properly align
the front end of my MGB.

--
Play it cool;  play it cool;  fifty-fifty fire and ice -- Joni Mitchell
David L. Ambrose, --  Digital Research, Inc          ...!amdahl!drivax!dambrose