Tachometer

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Tachometer
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!bcstec!tahoma!gsds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (K.C.Babb)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 90 08:19:52 PST
I asked this one before; perhaps it didn't strike a familiar chord
with anyone.  But now the money is allocated (= available), and I
really need to decide what to do.

I need to dump the stupid, inaccurate, needle-flops-around-like-a-
fish Smiths (stock) tachometer in the Elan (1967 S3) and get a
good "performance-oriented" tach in there.  Does anybody know who
has one, how much it is, how it fits, how it works, etc.?  Or
any subset of those?  I hesitate to call Dave Bean; I may not
have enough money for that...If something I can get at my local
BAP store or some such will do the job I'd be quite content.

I think the diameter of this thing is about 4" (haven't measured
yet--the car is currently somewhat in a state of disarray, and so
are we :-).  A tell-tale would be nice but it's not mandatory.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Karen