torque vs. hp

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: torque vs. hp
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 90 15:09:14 EST
Torque vs. power??  This come up every so often in rec.autos, and it is
almost always botched.  ANd with all due respect to several SOL responses
already, they were wrong too!  I am preparing a several page reply, and I
hope it will be clear enough to answer any questions and resolve everyone's
apparantly conflicting viewpoints.  I would ask all you SOLers to avoid
getting into a big fray over this until my posting is ready.  Afterwards,
I will try to answer any questions.  THanks for the patience.
Jim Muller