Weekend work

To: sol%hoosier@cs
Subject: Weekend work
From: mit-eddie!cs.utah.edu!mjb%hoosier@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 90 12:54:04 -0700
I guess every once in a while when life gets a little too much momentum
you have to just squeeze on the brakes.  Sure, everyone on the racers list
is upset because the dweeboid who is supposed to be doing the stickers
keeps saying "I'll do Mark's job after this REAL work is done."  And the
troubles with the disks, NFS 4.0, the dvi fonts, sigh.  But no sweat, I
forced myself to spend a day working on the white 4A.

Luckily the garage got up to 65 degrees yesterday, without the need for the
heater.  A typical spring day in the valley, a gusty south wind.  And true to
the usual nature of such winds at this time of year, there was 4 1/2" of snow
on the truck this morning.  The garage was a bit cooler.  But after I finish
up here at work, I'll fire up the heater, crack a Klisterbrau, then check
those rod bearings.

But I did get the rear end built up, actually ended up with one pinion shank
shim left, correct backlash and everything.  I even think the tooth pattern
may be close to right.  And it was nice to have my homebuilt case spreader
actually work, even if I did paint it an ugly green.  You know, there is a
chance I may actually have the thing back on the road for the first autocross
of the season.

mjb.