more outback ...

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: more outback ...
From: richard welty <mit-eddie!lewis.crd.ge.com!welty@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 90 17:48 EST
    To Richard ::: Thanks for the warning about the downhill section
    on the Outback !!! Is there going to be a warning is the route
    instructions ?

oh probably.

also, i'd recommend against bringing a car which has
been lowered or stiffened; stock suspensions will be
ok, but if you value your back, don't bring the track
car.   i'm hoping that some of the dirt roads will be
graded before the event, but the course and speeds are
currently predicated on some pretty nifty rutted dirt
roads.  this is one of the consequences of an early
spring rally around these parts.  the fun roads are
all beat to hell from the winter.

    BTW::: What are the qualifications for the Metro Series Challenge ?
    I ran the Bounce and the Monte and will be running the OutBack,
    does this qualify me or do I need to compete in all the events ?

i don't know for sure; you should ask someone from Metro.
or maybe i will; Vicki Schlierer is just a phone call away.

--later--

i just got off the phone to Vicki; metro series membership is
$5/person/season, but their season is nearly over.  she suggested
that any interested parties should wait until next season (beginning
fall of 1990, ending spring of 1991) to enter.

-- richard