Driving in England

To: mit-eddie!uunet.uu.net!metter!ted@EDDIE.MIT.EDU,
Subject: Driving in England
From: linus!att!speedy!gerry@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 90 13:54:28 -0500
FOUND IT !!!!!!!

I spent about 1 hour last night trying to find out why my
horn came on everytime I hit my high beams. I noticed that
the dipped beams were not as bright as they should be and using
a wire directly from the -ve terminal on the battery, I earthed
the lights. Both dipped beam and main beam worked properly. So
I traced the earth wire back from both lamps and found that it
indeed was a bad earth connection in the headlamps.

A bit of emery cloth, tighten the screw, smear with grease and
this problem should happen again :-)

Gerry